Office Nomad – Toimistonomadi
Note! Due to number of different requests from people on becoming an Office Nomad or a host company, I’ve decided to extend the system.
There will be new possibilities soon. If you are interested and want to join the next wave, please mail officenomad (at) ekana.fi
Office Nomad experiences in Finnish
Office Nomad (in Finnish Toimistonomadi) is a concept of dynamic office space use. It combines elements of sharing, networking, teaching, learning and experiencing. Most of the people I have talked about this like the idea and see it as a win-win scenario.
I keep changing the office every month. I enter the office space on the first day and leave it behind on the last day of the month. During that month, I do my own business without bothering my co-workers too much.
Here is the deal
When I enter the office, I provide the following:
- Use of a real espresso machine with set of cups for espresso, capuccino and cafe latte (I often provide the coffee as well)
- Training on how to make a good espresso for those who want it
- Occational office barista service for customer meetings (ie. if I’m there and not occupied, I will prepare and serve the coffee of choice)
- Free consultancy, advise and networking on issues related to marketing, communications, social media or business development (coffee break/lunch hour style)
- Featuring the host company and it’s offering on various occations (I use tag #officenomad in various places)
- Bringing nice and relaxed office atmasphere (yep, people usually like me)
What I need:
- A place to work (desk, cubicle or room, depends on office layout)
- A good internet connection
- A printing facility
- Occational use of meeting room (optional)
It is as simple as that.
Some people say that I’m offering too much value for the exchange. Well, I would be doing lot of that stuff anyway, and I love doing all that. I see this as a good tradeoff.
If your company is interested in being a host company for the Officenomad, please contact Janne for further details.
Listing of my host companies:
April 2009: Codento Oy, Itämerenkatu 5, 3rd floor, Helsinki, Finland
May 2009: Frantic Oy, Iso Roobertinkatu 28, Helsinki, Finland
June 2009: RunToShop Ltd, Hiilikatu 3, Helsinki, Finland
July 2009: By the water, in the sun, online only
August 2009: By the water, in the sun, online only
September 2009: Netprofile, Kasarmikatu 44, Helsinki, Finland
October 2009: White Sheep, Malminkatu 30, Helsinki, Finland
November 2009: Veen Waters, Tähtitorninkatu 10-12, Helsinki, Finland
December 2009: Dazzle, Salomonkatu 17 B, 12th floor, Helsinki, Finland
January 2010: Young & Rubicam/Wunderman, Tammasaarenlaituri 3A, Helsinki, Finland
February 2010: Arc Technology, Lautatarhankatu 8 B, Helsinki, Finland
July 2010: Reserved for exciting events
August 2010: Reserved for exciting events